Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Battle Report 72: ATC Round 2 - Wurmwood vs. Issyria

Prologue:

This round was into Tom Guan's team, which I knew was going to be very hard.

Unfortunately, Tom didn't take the Circle bait, so no epic rematch here, and I get paired into a really gross Issyria gunline, with Rahn as a second list.

I drop Wurmwood, he drops Issyria.

Wurmwood
- Cassius
- Loki
- Pureblood
- Gorax
- Woldwyrd x3

Shifting Stones x2
Sentry Stones x2
Min Bonegrinders
Bokur and Shamblers


Issyria
- Hyperion
- Chimera

Elara 1
- Discordia

Arcantrik Force Generator (AFG from now on)

Mechanic

Mage Hunter Strike Force and CA

The Scenario was The Pit, and I won the roll, going first.


My opponent straight up admitted the MHSF were there to contest

Circle turn 1:

Full speed ahead! Everything moves up and gets as much cover or LOS blockage as possible.


Ret turn 1:

My opponent runs his Chimera up and casts Blinding Light on my left unit of Sentry Mannikins. Ick.

Hyperion and AFG run up, and Discordia Imprints and sticks herself between them.


Circle turn 2:

I HAVE to kill that Chimera or the game is over. Blinding Light on Wurmwood is GG.

I have to put two Woldwyrds and a few sprays into it, but the thing dies.

I should have probably popped my Feat here, but I delay thinking that the majority of my forces are safe. I forget Issyria has Arcane Vortex, so I try and Stranglehold Hyperion before realizing my plan is doomed to fail and Dark Pathing him back to me.

I keep everything important behind the Sentry Stones.

Ret turn 2:

Issyria feats and moves back to Ancillary Attack Hyperion, who gets his crit and removes half my Shamblers.

Hyperion activates and kills both Sentry Stones and dings up my Woldwyrd.

The AFG aims and kills the left Woldwyrd.

Discordia moves over next to Hyperion after spraying down a bunch of things thanks to Elara's Speed of Death. (Or Silence of Death, whichever it is).

MHSF contest my flag.


Anddddd my opponent killboxes themself and I get to points.


Score 2-0
Advantage Circle

Circle turn 3:

I think I can probably kill Discordia with Loki this turn. I also remember I have a Gorax and deploy him at the back edge of the table.

Loki goes first, hooks Discordia and all but kills her before casting Evasive. 

The Shambler unit charges Discordia in the back and does the last few damage.

A Shifting Stone ports up, and Wurmwood activates. He casts Hellmouth on the Stone, killing a bunch of MHSF. He then casts Curse of Shadows on the AFG and Feats.

My two remaining Woldwyrds leave the Battle Enging on about 5, and the Pureblood spray doesn't quite finish the deal.

I get a third point.



Score 3-0
 Advantage Circle

Ret turn 3:

He thinks good and hard for a minute before loading up Hyperion. His plan is to slam Loki with the AFG and then to trample up and kill him with Hyperion. 

The AFG aims and needs an unboosted 7 to miss Loki in the forest. He misses, and Loki dodges away behind the wall. He shoots again, misses the 9, and Loki moves to the other side of the wall, well away from Hyperion.

Strike Force Contest again, and Hyperion shreds my remaining Shamblers with guns. 


Score 3-0
Advantage Circle

Circle turn 4:

I upkeep Curse of Shadows and it's time to go to work. 

The AFG dies. Loki moves up and hooks Elara, killing her. 

The Pureblood murders the close Strike Force. I try and Hellmouth the remaining Force on the hill, but they refuse to die. 

I run the Bokur up in front of Hyperion so he can't trample without wasting his Ancillary Attack on him. 

I score a fourth point. 


Score 4-0 
Advantage Circle

Ret turn 4:

My opponent loads up Hyperion, and Ancillary Attacks after Issyria gets on the flag. The attack misses. He moves Hyperion over, and is just out of range for Starburst on Wurmwood. His little gun shots don't kill him, and my opponent ends his turn rather than contest once more. 



Score 5-1
Victory to the Druids!

Post-Game Thoughts:

I should have feated a turn earlier, and the game really came down to the unboosted seven my opponent needed. If he hits it, I think I lose. Because he didn't, I had massive threats on the table still. 

My team lost this round 1-4 sadly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment