Sunday, February 19, 2017

Battle Report 66: Anson Durst vs. Reznik 2



I was playing into my ATC teammate who was running his ATC pairing of the exact same Sevy list and a battlegroup heavy Reznik 2 list, specifically geared up for non-Menoth matchups.

We had discussed this before the tournament, and concluded that he had a snowballs chance against Durst, and I was definitely dropping Durst.

This was an extremely lopsided and boring game, so I'm just going to put down the broad strokes.

He played Reznik.

Reznik 2
- Heirophant
- Scourge of Heresy
- Eye of Truth
- Reckoner
- Guardian

Allegiant x2
Wrack
Vassal
Kell Bailoch
Orin Midwinter

Min Choir
Rhoven and Co.

And my Durst list:

Anson Durst
- Heirophant
- Castigator x2
- Templar x2
- Indictor x2
- Devout

Vassal x2
Wrack x2

Min Choir x2

Theme: Creator's Wrath

I won the roll off and opted to go first. The Scenario was Linebreaker.




Druidic Menites turn 1:

Allocate nothing, and run for the hills.


True Menites turn 1:

Also run like crazy. Monks get Shifting Sands Stance.


Druidic Menites turn 2:

Run everything again, pop Feat.


True Menites turn 2:

He comes in on me, nearly killing a Castigator and crit pitching it six inches back at the flag (which was a problem since his Monk was capping it until that point).

Scourge goes in and nearly the other Castigator.


Druidic Menites turn 3:

I flub some serious rolls here, like missing a Guardian three times in a row needing fours, but I still kill Eye of Truth and Scourge, and cripple nearly everything on the Guardian.

I still have all of my heavies on the board, and he's only got one functional jack, and my opponent concedes before my turn ends.


Victory for the Druidic Menites!

Post Game Thoughts:

This game was more or less won at list selection. Durst stomps all over other battlegroup centric builds, and this game showed that quite well. 

I quite enjoyed this little break from Circle, but I'm ready to get back to my Druids. The number of times I nearly forgot to allocate focus was staggering, and I just felt much less comfortable running a Warmachine faction than I hoped I would. 

This game clinched the whole event for me, which was nice, but I don't think I necessarily deserved it this time around. Round 1 I had to open myself up for a 40% assassination in order to dominate the zone, and Round 2 I won purely based on dice. Not the most satisfying way to win, hopefully I'll do better next time :) 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment