Friday, November 4, 2016

Battle Report 31: 2Una vs. Reznik 1

Prologue:

After the extremely strong win the previous game, we changed up the Scenario to Incursion and went at it with the same lists.

I once more won the roll off and opted for first.


Pretty central deployment, although I'd accidentally skewed about 3 inches too far left. I have a hard time with 6 foot tables sometimes.



Circle turn 1:

Shifting Stones went up the field, and Griffons ran next to them en mass. This is a really strange feeling for me, as I've never really used them in this way. That being said, I don't think playing them back is the correct move with this list, you REALLY need that fury management.

Hand of Fate went on a Griffon this time, and Mirage went on Death Wolves.


Menoth turn 1:

He ran up at me, jamming hard with the Daughter Cav and running at the flag with his TFG.

Ignite went onto the Revenger.


Circle turn 2:

Well, it was time to pop my feat. He had two heavies in charge range of 2 Griffons each under feat, and I could kill all of the Daughter Cav with Una and the Stalker I felt.

Feat went up, Primal went up on two Scarsfells, and Griffons went in. Scourge and Castigator died.

Shifting Stones moved up so that another Griffon could charge the Revenger without getting pushed back, and the last Griffon ran in before it to trigger flank.

Mannikins contested the left flag. Stalker killed 3 daughter Cav and controlled the flag. Mannikins on the left killed the other two Daughter Cav. Death Wolves hung out in the woods with Mirage up to counterpunch the TFG coming in.


Menoth turn 2:

Well it's not often you start turn 2 with literally 2/3 of your army dead AND having no real way to counter attack, but that is the predicament my opponent found themselves in.

The Reckoner and Rhoven killed a Griffon with shooting/spells.

The TFG Shield Walled in and took the right flag.

Various reach models got between Reznik and Griffons.

We both scored a point.


Score 1-1
Tie!

Circle turn 3:

I had a lot of angles to do things here, and I started out going for attrition. The Death Wolves apparitioned up so that Skoll and Tahla could both walk into the TFG. Kaleb apparitioned around the house so that Una could see them to cast Hand of Fate their way. 

The Chef made a Mannikin into Stew for the Stalker, and Shifting Stones leached like 5 fury. The two auto frenzying griffons did minimal damage to my models. 

Una moved up and put Hand of Fate on the Death Wolves. 

Skoll moved in and killed the entire unit of TFG on his own. I was impressed. 

The middle proxy base Griffon killed the Revenger and then...I had an evil idea. 

The Griffon sprinted to engage Reznik, taking a massive free strike from a Rhoven bodyguard, but living. 

The Gorax advanced and put Primal on the Grey Griffon. The Gobber Chef ran to the middle flag. 

The Grey Griffon advanced and put Reznik down handily. 



Victory for the Druids!

Post Game Thoughts:

I'm writing this in haste, just to get it out there, but Una 2 is quite possibly the strongest warlock Circle has. I can't see a reason not to take her and Wurmwood as your competitive tournament pairing, and actually I will be dropping her into more matchups than the tree. He will only be there to cover her Sloan, Caine 2, and Issyria matchups most likely. 

More playtesting is, of course, needed, but after two games I think I can confidently say that 2Una is amazing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment