Tuesday, January 3, 2017

2016 - A Warmachine Year in Review



Prologue:

At the beginning of 2016, I had been living in Utah Valley for 3 months and had come to the rapid and very stark realization that I was nowhere near as good at Warmachine as the guys I was playing with.

I had a pretty abysmal win to loss ratio by my (limited) records, and I always felt like I was out of contention for any serious events due to sloppy placement, poor target priority, and a weak scenario game.

I came into 2016 with a new faction (Cygnar) and a few goals - I wanted to play 150 games of Warmachine in 2016. I wanted to have at least a 60% win to loss ratio. I wanted to place at tournaments, regardless of size. I wanted to get really comfortable on the clock.

To record all of this, I put together a quick spreadsheet to track my games, with a column that would automatically add up my wins and losses and then give me a percentage and a nifty pie graph.

It's quite the collection of stuff now, and I thought it would be cool to share it you all.


Here are my criteria for winning and losing games:

Assassination (obviously)
Scenario
Attrition (usually when a concession happened)
Time (if played with clock)
DICE - some games, there are no explanations. Dice happen, and you can't help it. I think I managed to avoid all but a couple of these from happening, and they were only in the spreadsheet for games where either myself or my opponent literally could not roll above 5 on two dice constistently.

I held myself and my opponents to this standard, and even if we played on post time - out, it went in my record as a clock win or a clock loss. I also only recorded standard, tournament-sized games. This meant 50 points for Mark 2 and 75 points for Mark 3.

Mark 2:

I played 143 games of Mark 2 Warmachine/Hordes between January 1, 2016 and the release of Mark 3 at Lock and Load.

Out of these games, I won 109, leaving me with a 76.22% win - loss ratio.

For tournament games, I played 27 games, losing 4 total and placing quite well in a number of events for an overall win - loss ratio in tournaments of 85.19%.

Out of these events I:

Did not quite qualify for Day Two of Las Vegas Open Masters on tie breakers, but only lost to Mike Puryer of WTC fame
.
Won the Spring 2016 Utah Cup.

Placed 5th at the Spring 2016 Intermountain Cup.

Placed top 8 (5th I think) at Lock and Load Masters, losing due to mistakenly putting an extra solo on the table on day 2 after changing my list slightly. After discovering my mistake, I conceded (although I was up 3-1 on Scenario against JVM!)

My best win-loss ratio was with Minions at 83.33%, and my worst was with Trollbloods at 67.74%.

Overall I was very, very happy with how the final six months of Mark 2 went for me.

Cute little chart stolen from my Excel Sheet


Mark 3:

Going into Mark 3, I had just moved back to Washington into a much less (read, basically nonexistent) meta, and I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to continue this rapid fire pace of games.

I am very happy to say that a successful local Journeyman League (and a lot of driving to Seattle and Spokane) have led to me getting no less than 137 full-sized, 75 point games of Mark 3 Warmachine from Lock and Load to December 31st of 2016.

Out of those games, I won 123 of them, giving me a win-loss record of 89.78%.

I managed to attend several tournaments, playing a total of 25 tournament games with 3 losses, for an overall tournament win - loss ratio of 88% on the dot.

These include:

Several local Steamroller wins and second place finishes.

Winning a High Reward event at Mox Boarding House in Bellevue, Washington.

Captaining Team Deceptively Adorable to a 2nd place finish at the i5 Team Tournament in Portland, Oregon.

Winning a Masters Event in Bellingham, Washington.

I nearly exclusively have played Circle Orboros in this time - period, and imagine that I probably have the best win-loss record still with Minions at 1 loss for my dozen games played.

The Mark 3 Excel Sheet!



Going forward:

I have set some pretty lofty goals for myself in 2017.

I will be traveling to Las Vegas in early February and participating in the Master's Event there, with the intention to qualify for Warmachine Weekend.

I am the Captain of yet another band of misfits dubbed Team Freedom Fries heading to the ATC in Milwaukee this coming March.

I will be competing in the Intermountain Cup with the hopes to improve on my 5-1 record there from last year.

I will be attending Lock and Load Masters, hopefully not having to concede a game in day 2 this year.

I will be applying for one of the USA WTC teams as soon as the applications are being accepted.

And I'd like to play at least 200 games of Warmachine between now and December 31st of this year with a 70% winrate or better. (I'm flexible on this last one).

It's been a crazy ride, and it's only going to get crazier.


Thanks for reading!


6 comments:

  1. Any chance we can get a breakdown of your caster/lock win rates?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! Any of them in particular that you're curious about?

      Delete
  2. ฟิลเลอร์เป็นยังไง





    ?
    สารเติมเต็มผิวหรือที่เรียกด้านการแพทย์





    ว่า เดอร์มอล ฟิลเลอร์ เป็น



    สารไฮยารูโรนิก แอใกล้





    หรือ HA เป็นสารที่รับประกัน







    มาตรฐานความปลอดภัยทั่วทั้งโลก





    แล้ว เป็นสารสกัดที่มาจากธรรมชาติ









    ที่มีส่วนประกอบ



    ของคลอลาเจน มีองค์ประกอบ





    ประกอบกันเป็นร่างแหด้วยแนวทาง



    ทางเคมี ซึ่งมีอยู่แล้วในเซลล์ผิว มีความปลอดภัยสูงฉีดฟิลเลอร์
    ฉีดฟิลเลอร์ใต้ตา
    ฉีดฟิลเลอร์ร่องแก้ม

    ReplyDelete
  3. Спасибо за предоставление нам такой приятной информации. Это предоставляет такую ​​удивительную информацию. Пост действительно полезен и очень благодарен вам. Информация может быть действительно полезной для всех, как для ухода, так и для справки Пост действительно полезен.как получить бесплатный Robux

    ReplyDelete
  4. I respect your articles, your ideas, and, most importantly, your attempts to write them. Thank you for writing such an informative article. By the way, I'm a gamer, and I'd like to recommend a shader pack for Minecraft to you. You can get the BSL Shaders and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great content you've posted, very informative article I also discovered an amazing blog similar to yours about Putty, must check out this fantastic article digital marketing.SEO stands for search engine optimization -- that much has stayed the same. It refers to techniques that help your website rank higher in search engine results pages.

    ReplyDelete